Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug programming at the Student Life Student Wellness Center uses several approaches to address drug and alcohol misuse. Priorities include:
- Student Assistance. We ensure that students obtain accurate information about responsible alcohol and drug use through social norms marketing. We also assist students with building skills to reduce high-risk alcohol and drug use.
- Assessment and Evaluation. Assessment and evaluation help us define the problem and determine how successful current approaches are at decreasing alcohol and drug abuse.
- Policy Review. Policy review ensures that Ohio State has clear and appropriate guidelines for alcohol use on campus that are widely disseminated and consistently enforced.
- Environmental Management. Through campus and community alliances, we are able to engage numerous organizations in creating a campus environment that emphasizes responsible drug and alcohol use. Policy review, faculty involvement and responsible hospitality initiatives all contribute to these efforts.
- Recovery. The Collegiate Recovery Community serves students in active recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The CRC enables students to have an authentic college experience while maintaining their recovery.