Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug programming at the Student Life Student Wellness Center uses several approaches to address drug and alcohol misuse, as outlined in the Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Comprehensive Prevention Plan. Priorities include:
- Student Assistance. We ensure that students obtain accurate information about responsible alcohol and drug use through social norms marketing. We also assist students with building skills to reduce high-risk alcohol and drug use.
- Assessment and Evaluation. Assessment and evaluation help us define the problem and determine how successful current approaches are at decreasing alcohol and drug abuse.
- Policy Review. Policy review ensures that Ohio State has clear and appropriate guidelines for alcohol use on campus that are widely disseminated and consistently enforced.
- Environmental Management. Through campus and community alliances, we are able to engage numerous organizations in creating a campus environment that emphasizes responsible drug and alcohol use. Policy review, faculty involvement and responsible hospitality initiatives all contribute to these efforts.
- Recovery. The Collegiate Recovery Community serves students in active recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The CRC enables students to have an authentic college experience while maintaining their recovery.