Apply to the CRC
How to Apply
- Download and complete the joint CRC and Recovery House application
- Mail or email your completed application to:
CRC Program Coordinator
1230 Lincoln Tower
1800 Cannon Drive
Columbus, OH 43210
- Select two individuals to fill out the Letter of Recommendation form by the date that your application is due. They must also mail or email their letter to Ahmed Hosni.
- Complete and submit the application and housing contract before or on the deadline:
- February 14-27: for students currently living in on campus housing who want to renew their housing contract and move into the recovery house for 2015-2016
- May 29: for all other students
If you applied for the Recovery House, you will be contacted for either an in person or telephone interview.
We will not discriminate based on race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran's status or the presence of any physical, sensory or mental disability. We will be basing all admittance and continued involvement decisions on your ability to succeed and contribute to the CRC and/or Recovery House.
We encourage diversity and inclusion among our students.
The Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) and Recovery House at Penn Place serve students in recovery or pursuing recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The CRC enables students to have an authentic college experience while maintaining their recovery.
This application also serves as the Student in Recovery Scholarship application. Admitted students will receive priority registration through the Student Life Office of Disability Services.
What we can do
- Provide a supportive, peer group for students in recovery
- Connect students with resources on and off campus
- Provide opportunities for personal growth and development
- Support the unique challenges and struggles that students in recovery experience
- Provide meeting space for mutual support group meetings
- Hold students accountable to their Individual Recovery Plan
- Challenge students to experience new activities
- Build school spirit via sober Ohio State traditions
- Connect students with service work opportunities
- Connect students with Ohio State Alumni in Recovery for personal/professional mentorship
- Provide opportunities for Leadership and Professional development
- Support students in their post-graduation plans
- Help students find supportive housing
- Support students who are utilizing medication assisted treatment
What we can't do
- Provide individual or family counseling services (we can refer you to other campus/community resources)
- Provide treatment of any kind
- Accept students mandated to complete a substance abuse program
- Drug and alcohol assessment
For more information on the Collegiate Recovery Community, the Recovery House and the application process, please contact Ahmed Hosni | email@example.com.