What is Nutrition Coaching?
Nutrition coaching is available and free to all currently enrolled Ohio State students. The first session is 60 minutes and includes a nutrition assessment, education and goal setting.
Discuss popular topics like:
- Weight management
- Meal planning and grocery shopping
- Dining out
- Disordered eating
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Diet preferences (i.e. vegetarian, vegan)
- Gastrointestinal issues (i.e. GERD)
- Sports nutrition/event training
- And more!
Schedule a Nutrition Appointment
- Fill out the Nutrition Questionnaire.
- Call 614-292-4527 or come into the Student Wellness Center (B130 RPAC) to schedule an appointment. (For students who have concerns about or were referred for an eating disorder, please request to meet with the dietitian: Janele Bayless). Follow-up appointments are scheduled through the nutrition coach.
- Complete the 3 Day Food Record and Five Food Groups handout (right side bar) and bring both documents to your nutrition appointment.
Meet the Nutrition Coaches here.
Skype appointments are available for students enrolled at Ohio State's smaller campuses (Marion, Mansfield, Newark, Lima, and Wooster) and while away from main campus for other circumstances (i.e. semester abroad, summer at home, internship out of state, etc.).
If interested in a Skype appointment, please complete the online nutrition questionnaire, food record and five food groups handout, and email a Nutrition Coach to arrange an appointment.
Here's what our students love about nutrition counseling:
- She [nutrition coach] was very thorough and sincerely cared about helping me identify my problem. She also helped me set up a solution/goals. Very friendly as well!
- Going through specific things about my body's needs, not assigning a rigid set of guidelines but trying to work with me on adapting them to my needs.
- Discussing realistic goals and taking what we talked about in the session back with me to "real-life".
- Her [nutrition coach] easy going attitude and the way she treated me with courtesy and respect. I felt that my questions and concerns were valid, and like I was being treated as an equal on a quest for a healthy lifestyle and ultimately a healthy body weight.