Testing Schedule for Spring 2017
Monday, 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m (or until daily capacity is met) : Multicultural Center, Ohio Union, Suite 1000
*Tuesday, 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (or until daily capacity is met): Student Wellness Center, B130 RPAC
Wednesday, 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.(or until daily capacity is met): Multicultural Center, Ohio Union, Suite 1000
Thursday, 4:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (or until daily capacity is met): Multicultural Center, Ohio Union, Suite 1000
*Syphilis testing is offered on the third Tuesday of each month in the Student Wellness Center, B130 RPAC
All HIV/STI testing is now done in a walk-in testing format! It’s quicker and easier for the students who utilize our services.
For the most up to date information on our testing services please check the Student Wellness Center Twitter
How does the HIV test work?
- The Student Life Student Wellness Center offers the OraQuick Advance Rapid HIV-1/2 Antibody test for FREE to all students.
- The test is an oral swab. No needles or blood are involved in the test.
- The test can be anonymous (where your name is never given, and results are delivered verbally) or confidential (where your name is recorded, and clients are given a paper copy of results).
- Results are ready in 20-40 minutes.
- Results are 99.8% accurate after the window period.*
How does the chlamydia/gonorrhea test work?
- Chlamydia/gonorrhea testing is FREE for all students.
- The test is a urine sample. No needles, blood or swabs are involved in the test.
- The test is confidential.
- Results are ready in 5-10 business days. Clients will be contacted by Columbus Public Health by phone if either test returns positive. You will not be contacted if either test comes back negative. Columbus Public Health works on a "no news is good news" basis.
- If you test positive for chlamydia or gonorrhea, Columbus Public Health will call the phone number you provide on the form completed during testing. If CPH cannot get a hold of you by phone after 3 attempts, then a confidential letter will be sent to the address you provided.
- If you have any additional questions about your chlamydia/gonorrhea test result, you can call 614-645-6732
How does the syphilis test work?
- Syphilis testing is FREE for all students.
- The test is a blood draw from your arm. A nurse or phlebotomist from Columbus Public Health will collect the blood sample.
- The test is confidential.
- Results are ready in 5-10 business days. Clients will be contacted by Columbus Public Health if the test returns positive.
Call the Student Life Student Wellness Center at 614-292-4527
Lindsey Basista, HIV/STI Testing Site Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org*
*Email is not a completely anonymous method of communication. If you prefer to remain anonymous, you are welcome to call the Student Life Student Wellness Center and leave a message using a fake name with your real phone number. Your call will be returned promptly. You can also visit the CDC’s website on sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV). You can visit that site here: http://go.osu.edu/CDCSTDFAQ