Apply to Become an HIV/STI Test Counselor
Apply now! Fill out the HIV/STI Test Counselor Application by August 26.
The Student Life Student Wellness Center, in collaboration with the Multicultural Center, offers free HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis testing to all Ohio State students during the autumn and spring semesters. This work would not be possible without the dedication and effort of student volunteer HIV/STI test counselors.
- Administrating HIV/STI tests
- Improving client perception of risk
- Identifying client risk behaviors
- Negotiating a reasonable and realistic plan to help reduce client risk
- Supporting the client in making a decision about testing and preparing for the result
- Helping the client who tests positive to begin to integrate the result emotionally, behaviorally and socially
Ideal HIV/STI test counselors are open-minded, non-judgmental, sensitive, patient, friendly and reliable.
HIV/STI test counselors are required to attend a three-day training offered at the beginning of each autumn semester and are required to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours a week.
- 7/30/18: Application Opens
- 8/26/18: Application Closes
- 8/28/18: Notification of Individual Interview Status
- 9/4-9/7/18: Individual Interviews
- 9/11/18: Applicants Notified
- 9/28-9/30/18: Mandatory Three-Day Training
- Develop strong critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Deepen knowledge around HIV/STI testing, prevention and education
- Make a difference at The Ohio State University by connecting with hundreds of students
- Become a voice for sexual health education and wellness on campus
- Discover other opportunities within the Student Life Student Wellness Center
- Form new friendships with fellow Buckeyes!
Call 614-292-4527 or email email@example.com.