The Student Life Wellness Collaborative (SLWC) is a group of faculty, staff and students from across campus that are committed to wellness. The SLWC meets monthly. If you would like to be a part of this collaborative, please contact Blake Marble. We are always looking for ways to expand our reach and involvement.
Wellness means living a healthy, balanced lifestyle that incorporates positive attitudes and productive behaviors related to social, physical, intellectual, career, emotional, spiritual, financial, creative and environmental aspects of the self.
To create a wellness culture that fosters optimal individual and community wellness that enhances learning and promotes success of Ohio State students, staff and faculty throughout all stages of their lives.
To create and live in a collaborative, seamless, dynamic, university community that models total wellness, celebrates diversity, promotes respect and establishes life-long commitment to good health and well-being.
- Partnering - Collaborating with other departments, faculty, staff, and students to share resources and develop more community connections.
- Diversity - Celebrating our spectrum of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, body size, social economic status, abilities and disabilities.
- Balanced Lifestyle - Creating a proactive approach to living a balanced lifestyle that encompasses assessment, education, awareness and assistance.
- Change - Adapting to emerging issues and knowledge through flexible and progressive approaches to wellness.
- Safe Environments - Fostering a sense of community while learning how to set responsible personal and group boundaries.
- Empowerment - Serving as positive role models, challenging unhealthy behavior and supporting individual growth.
- Educate and promote continual learning by collaborating in the development of innovative and effective wellness systems that are research-based and can be delivered via the many venues of instruction and service throughout the Ohio State community.
- Influence Ohio State policy to support and enhance effective comprehensive wellness systems.
- Foster interdisciplinary research.