Be Well Button Contest
Help share what wellness means at Ohio State!
The Office of Student Life Student Wellness Center is hosting a contest for all students, faculty and staff from any of Ohio State’s campuses to submit button designs that will be featured at Student Wellness Center Events for attendees to take and display.
The Be Well Button Contest will help promote holistic well-being and wellness resources on campus. Designs should center around what does wellness mean to you and your life as a member of the Ohio State Community.
The contest kicks off on August 22nd. Please ensure you carefully read the contest rules and requirements before you submit your designs.
Contest Rules and Requirements
Participants in the Be Well Button Contest (the “Contest”) may be selected to have their artwork chosen for use based upon the entry(s) they submit to the Office of Student Life Student Wellness Center.
1. Contest Period. The Contest period begins on August 22, 2021 at 12:00AM and closes on September 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
2. Eligibility. The contest is open to all enrolled undergraduate, graduate and professional students, faculty and staff from any campus.
3. How to Enter. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win the Contest. Participants who have properly submitted artwork (“Submission”) and are otherwise eligible (“Entrants”) will be considered for each individual piece they submit. By entering the Contest, all Entrant agree to abide by these Rules and Regulations. Entrants may upload and submit artwork for consideration via the online submission form.
4. Selection of Winners. The Contest will select winners based on the creativity, originality and content of the Submission, and winners’ submission will used by The Ohio State University Office of Student Life.
5. Ownership, Rights, Name and Likeness, and Publicity
- Entrants hereby transfer and assign to the University all right, title and interest (including but not limited to copyright rights) in any Submission that Entrants submit for the Contest to the University and all Submissions shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of the University upon submission. Accordingly, the University shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing copyright to the Submission of every kind and nature, in perpetuity, throughout the universe. To the extent that such transfer and assignment of ownership in the Submission may be void or unenforceable, by submitting a Submission, Entrants agree to grant to the University a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable, fully paid-up, worldwide license to such Submission, together with all intellectual property rights therein, including, without limitation, the license rights to cache, publicly display, and reproduce the Submission. Entrants also give up any claim that any use by the University, derivative or otherwise, of any Submission violates any of Entrants rights, including, but not limited to, moral rights, privacy rights, rights to publicity, proprietary or other rights, and/or rights to credit for the material or ideas set forth therein.
- By submitting Entrants Submission, Entrants:
- Warrant to the University that Entrants have secured all rights and releases to all material in Submission, including the images, script, and rights to include all persons, places or organizations included or depicted. If Submission contains images or identifications of any persons or organizations, Entrants agree that Entrants will submit release forms from those persons (or their parents or guardians) or organizations for the use of their identifications or images in Entrants Submission.
- Agree to allow the University to use Entrants name, identification, and likeness to use, promote or publicize Entrants Submission in any manner, without limitation, and without further compensation.
- Assign all right, title and interest in any physical materials Entrants provide to the University.
- Acknowledge that no Submissions shall be returned.
- Except for such obligations explicitly set forth in these Contest Rules, the University shall have all rights to use Submission in any way, without any further obligation, notice, compensation or approval.
6. Winner List. To obtain a list of the winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s Name, BeWell Button Contest, The Ohio State University Office of Student LifeStudent Wellness Center, 337 Annie and John Glenn Ave., Columbus, OH 43210.
7. Governing Law. The laws of the State of Ohio govern the Contest, without regard to its conflict of law provisions. The Contest is void where prohibited by law, and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
Submit Your Designs
To submit your Be Well Button Contest Designs, visit the online submission form.