What is the Wellness Collaborative?
The Student Life Wellness Collaborative (SLWC) is a group of faculty, staff and students from across campus that are committed to wellness. The SLWC meets monthly. If you would like to be a part of this collaborative, please contact Blake Marble at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for ways to expand our reach and involvement.
Wellness means living a healthy, balanced lifestyle that incorporates positive attitudes and productive behaviors related to social, physical, intellectual, career, emotional, spiritual, financial, creative and environmental aspects of the self.
Mission and Vision
Mission: To create a wellness culture that fosters optimal individual and community wellness that enhances learning and promotes success of Ohio State students, staff and faculty throughout all stages of their lives.
Vision: To create and live in a collaborative, seamless, dynamic, university community that models total wellness, celebrates diversity, promotes respect and establishes life-long commitment to good health and well-being.
- Partnering - Collaborating with other departments, faculty, staff, and students to share resources and develop more community connections.
- Diversity - Celebrating our spectrum of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, body size, social economic status, abilities and disabilities.
- Balanced Lifestyle - Creating a proactive approach to living a balanced lifestyle that encompasses assessment, education, awareness and assistance.
- Change - Adapting to emerging issues and knowledge through flexible and progressive approaches to wellness.
- Safe Environments - Fostering a sense of community while learning how to set responsible personal and group boundaries.
- Empowerment - Serving as positive role models, challenging unhealthy behavior and supporting individual growth.
- Educate and promote continual learning by collaborating in the development of innovative and effective wellness systems that are research-based and can be delivered via the many venues of instruction and service throughout the Ohio State community.
- Influence Ohio State policy to support and enhance effective comprehensive wellness systems.
- Foster interdisciplinary research.