Become a BASICS/CASICS Facilitator
We are currently accepting applications for BASICS/CASICS faciltators for the upcoming academic year.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS) - This one-on-one program offers alcohol assessment and education for Ohio State students who may want to explore their alcohol use. The goal of the program is to reduce risky behaviors and harmful consequences of use.
- Facilitate Cannabis Screening and Intervention for College Students (CASICS) - This one-on-one program offers marijuana assessment and education for Ohio State students who may want to explore their marijuana use. The goal of the program is to reduce risky behaviors and harmful consequences of marijuana abuse.
- Undergraduate/Graduate student interested in gaining volunteer experience
- Experience and/or the desire to work with the college student population
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about alcohol and other drug issues
- Comfortable discussing substance use with students
- Comfortable with public speaking/presentations
- Commitment of minimum of 5 hours/week for entire school year
Completed Applications Must Include:
- Professional Statement (250-500 words), including:
- Expectations for internship
- Longer range personal and professional goals
- Prior applied professional experiences, that may include settings, supervisors and related course work
Please send your application materials or questions to Geena Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org.