Become a BASICS Facilitator
BASICS facilitator applications are now open! Interested individuals can apply by completing the BASICS Facilitator Application.
- 3/4/20: Application Closes
- 3/6/20: Notification of Interview Status
- 3/16/20 - 3/20/20: Individual Interviews
- 3/27/20: Applicants Notified
- 4/3/20 and 4/4/20: BASICS Facilitator Training
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students (BASICS) - This one-on-one program offers alcohol assessment and education for Ohio State students who may want to explore their alcohol use. The goal of the program is to reduce risky behaviors and harmful consequences of use.
- Undergraduate/Graduate student interested in gaining volunteer experience
- Experience and/or the desire to work with the college student population
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning about alcohol and other drug issues
- Comfortable discussing substance use with students
- Comfortable with public speaking/presentations
- Commitment of minimum of 5 hours/week for entire school year
Please direct questions to Geena Crosby at firstname.lastname@example.org.