Apply to the CRC
How to Apply
- Download and complete the joint CRC and Recovery House application
- Mail or email your completed application to:
CRC Wellness Coordinator
95 Baker Hall
113 W. 12th Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
- Select two individuals to fill out the Letter of Recommendation form by the date that your application is due. They must also mail or email their letter to Mackenzie Hogan.
- Contact University Housing if you have any questions regarding the university housing application process at 614-292-8266.
If you applied for the Recovery House, you will be contacted for either an in person or telephone interview with CRC staff.
The CRC staff reviews applications; admission and continued admission in the Collegiate Recovery Community and/or Recovery House are at the discretion of the CRC staff.
We will not discriminate based on race, color, sex, religion, creed, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran's status or the presence of any physical, sensory or mental disability. We will be basing all admittance and continued involvement decisions on your ability to succeed and contribute to the CRC and/or Recovery House.
We encourage diversity and inclusion among our students.
The Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) and Recovery House at Penn Place serve students in recovery or seeking recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. The CRC enables students to have an authentic college experience while maintaining their recovery.
This application also serves as the Student in Recovery Scholarship application. Admitted students will receive priority registration through the Student Life Office of Disability Services.
What we can do
- Provide a supportive, peer group for students in recovery
- Connect students with resources on and off campus
- Provide opportunities for personal growth and development
- Support the unique challenges and struggles that students in recovery experience
- Provide meeting space for mutual support group meetings
- Help students remain on track with their Individual Recovery Plans
- Challenge students to experience new activities
- Build school spirit via recovery friendly Ohio State traditions
- Connect students with service work opportunities
- Connect students with Ohio State Alumni in Recovery for personal/professional mentorship
- Provide opportunities for Leadership and Professional development
- Support students in their post-graduation plans
- Help students find supportive housing
- Support students who are utilizing medication assisted treatment
What we don't do
- Provide individual or family counseling services (we can refer you to other campus and community resources)
- Provide treatment of any kind
- Accept students mandated to complete a substance misuse program
- Drug and alcohol assessments
For more information on the Collegiate Recovery Community, the Recovery House and the application process, please contact Mackenzie Hogan at email@example.com.