Schedule an Appointment
Nutrition coaching is free to all currently enrolled Ohio State students. Coaching is intended to help students identify any imbalance in their food intake and explore ways to optimize their nutrition needs through a nutrition assessment, education and goal setting.
1. Online Form
Fill out the Nutrition Questionnaire before you schedule an appointment. This must be completed at least 24 hours in advance to be seen for your appointment.
Complete the 2 Day Food Record and Five Food Groups handouts found in the right side bar and bring both documents to your nutrition appointment. These documents will be used to assess your food intake and create meal and snack ideas. If you are not able to print these documents, email them to the Nutrition Coordinator at least 24 hours before your appointment.
3. Schedule a Session
The first session is 60 minutes and includes a nutrition assessment, education and goal setting. Follow-up appointments are also available in 30 minute sessions for those who have completed a first session. Buck ID is required to enter the RPAC and check in for the appointment. Appointments are currently available through September.
For students who have general health concerns (e.g., weight management, food allergies, event training, hypothyroidism):
- Select this link if it's your first time using nutrition coaching: 1st session – general. If you struggle with disordered eating (e.g., eat <1200 calories per day, fast or skip meals, overexercise, laxative use), schedule your appointment using the link below.
- Select this link to schedule a follow-up appointment and use the drop-down menu at the top of the page by "show availabilities for" to select your coach (if your coach is no longer listed, select Janele Bayless): Follow-up session - general
For students who have concerns about or were referred for disordered eating (e.g., eat <1200 calories per day, fast or skip meals, overexercise, laxative use):
- Select this link if it's your first time using nutrition coaching: 1st session – disordered eating
- Select this link to schedule a follow-up session for disordered eating: Follow-up session – disordered eating
- If you have difficulty finding a day and time for your appointment, email the Nutrition Coordinator for nutrition coaching.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, go to your email confirmation and click on the link that says "details & changes."
- Full-time faculty/staff who are taking classes are encouraged to use their OSU health insurance to meet with a dietitian.
Skype appointments are available for students enrolled at Ohio State's regional campuses (Marion, Mansfield, Newark, Lima and Wooster) and while away from Columbus campus for other circumstances (e.g., semester abroad, summer at home, internship out of state).
If interested in a Skype appointment, complete steps one and two in the instructions above, and email the Nutrition Coordinator to schedule an appointment.