Apply to Become an HIV/STI Test Counselor
Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year have now closed.
The Student Life Student Wellness Center, in collaboration with the Multicultural Center, offers free HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis testing to all Ohio State students during the autumn and spring semesters. This work would not be possible without the dedication and effort of student volunteer HIV/STI test counselors.
- Administrating STI tests
- Improving client perception of risk
- Identifying client risk behaviors
- Negotiating a reasonable and realistic plan to help reduce client risk
- Supporting client in making a decision about testing and preparing for the result
- Assisting client in accessing sexual health resources
Ideal HIV/STI test counselors are open-minded, non-judgmental, sensitive, patient, friendly and reliable.
HIV/STI test counselors are required to attend a three-day training offered at the beginning of each autumn semester and are required to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours a week.
- 7/30/18: Application Opens
- 8/26/18: Application Closes
- 8/28/18: Notification of Individual Interview Status
- 9/4-9/7/18: Individual Interviews
- 9/11/18: Applicants Notified
- 9/28-9/30/18: Mandatory Three-Day Training
Training will take place in the RPAC on:
Friday, September 28 from 3 to 7 p.m.
Saturday, September 29 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday, September 30 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Develop strong critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Deepen knowledge around HIV/STI testing, prevention and education
- Make a difference at The Ohio State University by connecting with hundreds of students
- Become a voice for sexual health education and wellness on campus
- Discover other opportunities within the Student Life Student Wellness Center
- Form new friendships with fellow Buckeyes!
Call 614-292-4527 or email email@example.com.