Become a Wellness Coach
* Applications are now closed *
Please complete the following survey if you are interested in becoming a Wellness Coach: Interest Form
Students and staff interested in becoming a Wellness Coach must participate in the Wellness Coach Training (WCT). The WCT is a semester-long course, which is held each spring. WCT is designed to enhance helping skills, wellness knowledge and prepare those interested to be effective Wellness Coaches.
Wellness Coaches meet one-on-one with students to help increase their ability to create the life they want to live, both now and in the future. Wellness Coaches take a positive approach to personal development, focusing on strengths and using the Nine Dimensions of Wellness as a framework for generating individualized, meaningful goals.
Next Wellness Coach Training
- Spring 2022
- September 13, 2021: Application opens at noon
- October 20, 2021: Application closes at midnight
- October 28, 2021: Notification of interview status
- November 4-15, 2021: Interviews
- November 20, 2021: Notification of final decision by 5pm
Wellness Coach Requirements
- Must be affiliated with The Ohio State University (student, staff, or faculty)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Strong communication skills and a passion for educating and helping others
- Previous coaching experience is not necessary
Wellness Coach Expectations
- Commit to coaching for at least two semesters after completing training
- Coach a minimum of three hours (three sessions) a week once fully trained
- Be available for a monthly, group supervision meeting
- Be available for a monthly, one-on-one supervision meeting
- Attend additional ongoing trainings throughout the semester
Email Joe Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.