Become a Wellness Coach
* We are now accepting applications to become a Wellness Coach! *
Students and staff interested in becoming a Wellness Coach must participate in the Wellness Coach Training (WCT). The WCT consists of an intensive 15 hour weekend training. WCT is designed to enhance helping skills, wellness knowledge and to prepare those interested to be effective Wellness Coaches. Upon completing the WCT, students and staff are eligible to serve as Wellness Coaches during their time at Ohio State.
Wellness Coaches meet one-on-one with students to help increase their ability to create the life they want to live, both now and in the future. Wellness Coaches take a positive approach to personal development, focusing on strengths and using the Nine Dimensions of Wellness as a framework for generating individualized, meaningful goals.
Read below to learn more about the Wellness Coach Training.
- 9/14/18: Application Opens
- 10/19/18: Application Closes
- 10/29/18: Notification of Interview Status
- 11/5-11/16/18: Interviews
- 11/20/18: Applicants Notified
Wellness Coach Training Dates (must attend all three training dates)
- Friday (January 11, 2019): 3-7pm
- Saturday (January 12, 2019): 9am-3pm
- Sunday (January 13, 2019): 11am-4pm
Wellness Coach Requirements
- Must be affiliated with The Ohio State University (student, staff, or faculty)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Strong communication skills and a passion for educating and helping others
- Previous coaching experience is not necessary
Wellness Coach Expectations
- Commit to coaching for at least two semesters after completing training
- Coach a minimum of three hours (three sessions) a week once fully trained
- Be available for a monthly, two hour group supervision meeting as well as a 30-minute one-on-one meeting with supervisor once a semester
- Attend additional ongoing trainings scheduled throughout the semester
Email Joe Doherty at firstname.lastname@example.org.