Become a Wellness Coach
* Applications are now closed *
Please complete the following survey if you are interested in becoming a Wellness Coach: Interest Form
Students and staff interested in becoming a Wellness Coach must participate in the Wellness Coach Training (WCT). The WCT consists of an intensive 20 hour weekend training. WCT is designed to enhance helping skills, wellness knowledge and to prepare those interested to be effective Wellness Coaches.
Wellness Coaches meet one-on-one with students to help increase their ability to create the life they want to live, both now and in the future. Wellness Coaches take a positive approach to personal development, focusing on strengths and using the Nine Dimensions of Wellness as a framework for generating individualized, meaningful goals.
Read below to learn more about the Wellness Coach Training.
- September 13, 2019: Application opens at noon
- October 20, 2019: Application closes at midnight
- October 28, 2019: Notification of interview status
- November 4-15, 2019: Interviews
- November 20, 2019: Notification of final decision by 5pm
Wellness Coach Training Dates (must attend all three training dates)
- Friday (January 10, 2020): 2-7pm
- Saturday (January 11, 2020): 9am-5pm
- Sunday (January 12, 2020): 9am-4pm
Wellness Coach Requirements
- Must be affiliated with The Ohio State University (student, staff, or faculty)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Strong communication skills and a passion for educating and helping others
- Previous coaching experience is not necessary
Wellness Coach Expectations
- Commit to coaching for at least two semesters after completing training
- Coach a minimum of three hours (three sessions) a week once fully trained
- Be available for a monthly, group supervision meeting
- Be available for a monthly, one-on-one supervision meeting
- Attend additional ongoing trainings scheduled throughout the semester
Email Joe Doherty at email@example.com.