What is Sexual Health?
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines sexual health as a state of physical, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality. It requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence.
Sexual Health services within the Student Life Student Wellnes Center are dedicated to:
- Assisting students in making decisions consistent with their beliefs and values
- Providing students with accurate sexual health information
- Aiding students in developing skills that encourage healthy relationships (e.g., condom and barrier negotiation)
- Encouraging sexually active students to utilize risk reduction measures (e.g., abstinence, contraceptive use, STI/HIV prevention)
Free Sexual Health Services
The Student Life Student Wellness Center is pleased to offer the following free services to all currently enrolled Ohio State students:
- Condom Club membership to save money on condoms and other barrier methods
- HIV/STI testing hours offered in two convenient locations
- Sexual Health presentations facilitated by request in spaces across campus
Please click on the tabs located on the left hand navigation menu to learn more!