The spiritually well person seeks harmony and balance by openly exploring the depth of human purpose, meaning and connection through dialogue and self-reflection. The spiritually well person has clarified personal beliefs and purpose for life.
Taking an Active Role in Your Spiritual Wellness
Engage in regular self-reflection to increase awareness of purpose, meaning and connection in your life. If you are a person of faith, there are a variety of faith-based student organizations and opportunities for involvement on campus and in the community. Developing practices like mindfulness, meditation and yoga can also help you to focus on connection and spirituality.
Promoting Spiritual Wellness In and Outside the Classroom
Examples of Spiritual Wellness Activities and Promotion in the Classroom:
- Building quiet times for mindfulness
- Consider holiday observances for all religions when planning events, exams, and due dates
- Positive Psychology Activities
- Utilize a bulletin board to highlight mindfulness apps
- Create a mindfulness, prayer, or wellness room for students to use
- Tech free events or class times
- Spending time in nature by hosting meetings, office hours, or class outdoors on nice days
- Mindfulness retreat
- Art therapy night
- Start each class or meeting with a mindfulness activity