What is Scarlet and Gray Financial?
Scarlet and Gray Financial is a nationally recognized peer financial coaching program housed in the Student Wellness Center in the RPAC. The program assists thousands of Ohio State students each year in creating the life they desire through the use of a goal-driven financial process.
What to Expect
- You will be meeting with an extensively trained volunteer peer financial coach for your one-hour session.
- Your coach will ask some questions to get to know you and help you to develop goals and vision for your future.
- Next, they will help you to gain a greater understanding of where you stand today financially. For this portion, it may be helpful to come prepared with information regarding any bank account or loan balances.
- You will then have the opportunity to work together to create a spending plan to achieve your goals during your time at Ohio State.
- Lastly, you will agree upon a list of next steps that you can each take in moving forward.
Specific Areas of Support Include:
- Financial Goal Setting
- Banking Basics
- Credit Education
- Debt Repayment Education
- Saving and Retirement Education
Here's what Financial Coaching participants have to say:
- “I learned a lot about possible actions I will or need to take in the future regarding my financial wellness and standing. The coach was very helpful and helped me understand financial vocabulary and real life applications that I think students should learn about.”
- “This appointment was extremely helpful and personalized, making it easy to map out my budgeting plans for the future.”
- “Very informative and fun.”
- “The person I talked with was very knowledgeable.”
The Student Wellness Center is committed to providing services, programs and events that are accessible to all graduate, professional and undergraduate students. Please communicate accessibility requests with Associate Director, Brendan Greisberger at Greisberger.firstname.lastname@example.org and note your accessibility needs. To ensure an accommodation, please send the notification at least one week in advance of your request.