Wellness Ambassadors serve to educate the Ohio State student body on wellness resources, how to live healthy lifestyles and ways to achieve their goals through educational presentations and campus events. Wellness Ambassadors are peer health educators who empower students to live healthier, happier, more successful lives through the Nine Dimensions of Wellness.
Wellness Ambassadors achieve their mission through educational presentations, outreach and events.
By participating in a Wellness Ambassador activity students will be able to:
- Identify and understand how various common behaviors and college health topics positively or negatively affect their well-being at the intrapersonal, interpersonal and population levels
- Be able to identify, understand and implement a skill or behavior that enhances their well-being
- Develop an understanding of the interconnectedness of well-being and health behaviors
- Identify, understand and access resources provided by the Student Wellness Center
- Identify well-being resources on campus and within the community
The Student Wellness Center is currently accepting applications for volunteers! This is an opportunity to learn more about the Nine Dimensions of Wellness and promote wellness to your peers, learn about topics important to college students’ health and well-being, and gain valuable experiences. Any interested student should complete the Student Wellness Center Volunteer Application by January 30, 2022. No experience is necessary; all selected students will receive training!
Wellness Ambassador Outreach and Events
If you are hosting an event on campus related to health and wellness, the Wellness Ambassadors want to collaborate! Wellness Ambassadors can provide resources and education as well as fun activities to accompany your event. See the Events page of our website to learn more. Contact Cate Heaney Gary for more information on programming options.
Wellness Ambassador Presentations
If you would like to request a wellness presentation, the Wellness Ambassadors want to collaborate! Wellness Ambassadors can provide presentations on the following topics: alcohol and other drugs, stress management, finances, nutrition, safer sex and relationships, and violence prevention. See the Presentations page of our website to learn more. Contact Roger Perkey for more information.