Sexual Assault Awareness Month
What is Sexual Assault Awareness Month?
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month! Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) is an annual campaign to raise awareness about sexual violence and educate communities and individuals on how to prevent it. While this work is not confined to one month, SAAM is an opportunity to educate and engage our communities to address sexual violence on The Ohio State University's campus.
Due to COVID-19, the Student Life Student Wellness Center will be observing SAAM on Instagram, Twitter and other virtual formats.
How can I get involved?
Here's how you can get involved:
- Participate in the 30 Days of SAAM challenge on Instagram. Be sure to tag @osuwellness and @nsvrc and use #SAAM
- April 7 is SAAM Day of Action. Wear teal and tell (or show!) us how you prevent violence. Be sure to tag @osuwellness on Instagram and Twitter and use #SAAM
- Print out and sign the SAAM Proclamation to join advocates and communities across the country in taking action to prevent sexual violence
- Check out the materials and resources on the left
- Join the conversation with your friends on Instagram and Twitter using #SAAM, #IAsk and #EmbraceYourVoice
Sexual Assault Awareness Month is open to all students, staff and faculty. Regardless of your knowledge base or experience, we encourage you to attend at least one event to learn how you can prevent sexual violence, support the healing process, and advocate for survivors.
Questions? Please contact Cate Heaney Gary, firstname.lastname@example.org