Sexual Assault Awareness Month
What is Sexual Assault Awareness Month?
Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) is an annual campaign to raise awareness about sexual violence and educate communities and individuals on how to prevent it. While this work is not confined to one month, SAAM is an opportunity to educate and engage our communities to address sexual violence on The Ohio State University's campus.
Sexual Assault Awareness Month is open to all students, staff and faculty. Regardless of your knowledge base or experience, we encourage you to attend at least one event this week to learn how you can prevent sexual violence, support the healing process, gain skills to support survivors and learn more about resources available to Ohio State students.
Programs, workshops, events and resources will be offered to:
- Raise awareness about sexual harssment, abuse and assault
- Educate communities and individuals on how to prevent sexual violence
- Empower all to practice consent in healthy relationships
- Support the healing process
- Raise awareness of the resources and work being done on Ohio State's campus
Sessions may be related to awareness, prevention, healing or survivor support.
When is Sexual Assault Awareness Month?
Sexual Assault Awareness Month is observed in April. Events will be held April 6 - 17, 2020.
Check back in February for the full SAAM calendar of events!
How can you get involved?
Do you have a program, workshop or event that accomplishes the goals of SAAM? Submit your program to be included on the calendar at http://go.osu.edu/saamsubmission by January 31, 2020!
Please be aware that submitting a program means you are committed to hosting that program.
- January 31: Program submissions due at http://go.osu.edu/saamsubmission
- February 14: Calendar finalized
- February 14 - March 6: Save the date marketing
- March 16 - April 17: Event marketing
- April 6 - 17: SAAM events
Questions? Please contact Cate Heaney Gary, email@example.com